Eiger Biopharmaceuticals is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company committed to developing and commercializing novel products for the treatment of Orphan diseases. Eiger has built a diverse, late-stage portfolio of well-characterized product candidates with the potential to address diseases for which the unmet medical need is high, a novel biology for treatment has been identified, and for which an effective therapy is urgently needed. The Eiger management team has extensive experience in the clinical development and commercialization of a broad range of therapeutics, with special expertise in Orphan Designation drugs. Eiger is located in Palo Alto, California.
Summary of Responsibilities
Eiger is looking for a full-time office administrator to help keep our office running smoothly and provide administrative support as needed to management and employees. Successful candidates will have a proven track record for administration, be incredibly organized, detail-oriented and comfortable supporting a fast-paced team. Excellent customer service and organizational skills are required. High enthusiasm is necessary to ensure that all guests and colleagues are made to feel welcome. The office administrator should be polished, outgoing and able to communicate professionally with a wide variety of individuals.
This is a full-time position based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Front desk ambassador: greets and welcomes guests with a courteous, energetic, and professional manner, directing them appropriately; notifies company personnel of guest arrival
- Answer main phone line and directing call & messages as appropriate
- Administrative support as needed a/o directed to C Suite, management, employees (document creation, document handling, scheduling meetings, arranging travel)
- Ensure the office is fully functional and well stocked, handling kitchen and office supplies ordering, loading/unloading of dishwasher if needed
- Maintenance of the office, keeping the office neat and organized
- Ensure office technology, such as Wi-Fi and printers, functioning and running point on any repairs needed
- Receive, sort and distribute all mail and packages
- Maintains appearance of office supply rooms, conference rooms and common areas in the office; ensuring tidiness and organization
- Assists with catering arrangements
- Positive attitude and professional poise
- At least 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work efficiently with attention to detail across multiple projects
- Able to keep multiple projects moving forward with proactive problem solving skills
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Working knowledge of software such as Adobe, Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented in a fast paced environment
- Self-starter who is proactive and has strong follow-through
- Punctual and dependable
Please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Eiger offers an excellent compensation package including competitive compensation and benefits package. Regular full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
Eiger’s group health plans includes medical, prescription, dental and vision insurance. The plan offers HMO and PPO options that provides comprehensive medical coverage.
Life Insurance/AD&D and Voluntary Supplemental Life Insurance
Employees are covered by group life insurance through the company and also for accidental death and dismemberment coverage. Employees are also offered the opportunity to purchase voluntary life insurance at competitive rates for themselves and their family members.
Short-Term Disability and Long-term Disability
The Company provides a policy that may replace up to 66.67% of your salary, up to a maximum benefit of $2,308 per week, for qualifying disabilities, for up to a maximum benefit of 180 days.
The Company provides a policy that may replace up to 66.67% of your salary, up to a maximum benefit of $10,000 per month, for qualifying disabilities. A waiting period of 180 days will apply.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
The EAP is available at no cost, even if you don’t enroll in Eiger group benefits. You and your family members may access free, confidential counseling and referral services. This program provides 24-hour confidential assistance with personal, family and work-related concerns – plus online resources.
Flexible Spending Account (FSA) & Dependent Care Spending Account
FSAs help you pay for eligible out-of-pocket health care and dependent day care expenses on a pre-tax basis. You determine your projected expenses for the Plan Year and then elect to set aside a portion of each paycheck into your FSA. For the 2012-2013 Plan Year you may contribute from $200 to $5,000 to each FSA
Pre-Tax Commuter Benefits:
The commuter benefit plan allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars to pay for eligible commuting costs, such as expenses for parking, public transit and alternative forms of transportation. Passes can be delivered right to your home, or you can simply submit monthly receipts for reimbursement
Eiger provides its employees with ten paid holidays and two floating holidays per year.
During the first three years of continuous, full-time employment, Eiger employees accrue five hours of vacation per pay period, up to a maximum of 120 hours per year. After three years of service, employees earn 160 hours per year. The maximum amount of vacation that may be accrued is 160 hours.
*The information contained herein is for informational purposes only and subject to change without notice. This document is just an overview.
If you are interested in developing a recruiting relationship with us, please send your company information including references to: email@example.com
Or mail to:
Eiger BioPharmaceuticals, Inc.
350 Cambridge Ave, Suite 350
Palo Alto, CA 94306