SENIOR ACCOUNTING MANAGER
Job Title: Senior Accounting Manager
Department: Finance and Accounting
Location: Palo Alto, CA (Hybrid)
Salary Range: $171,000 - $196,000 per year
Reporting to the Director, Accounting, the primary focus of the Senior Accounting Manager will be to maintain the daily operations of the accounting functions including general ledger responsibilities, accounts payable as well as other related activities. This role will manage various GL accounts, reconciliations, and the month-end close process. This individual works closely with other members of the Finance Team, Operations, and external auditors.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Accountable for maintaining the daily operations of the accounting functions including general ledger responsibilities, accounts payable as well as other related activities.
- Manage various GL accounts reconciliations and the month-end close process.
- Work closely with other members of the Finance Team, Operations, and external auditors.
- Manage the month-end financial close process, which includes preparing accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations and analyses.
- Compile supporting information for 10-Q, 10-K,and other financial reviews.
- Manage equity administration in partnership with equity consultants and E*Trade, including the accuracy and timeliness of recording and reporting all equity award activities and stock-based compensation expense.
- Maintain and improve, as needed, the Company’s ERP system, NetSuite.
- Prepare deliverables with respect to quarter and year-end financial statements and various tax filings.
- Participate in preparation and coordination of the audit process and support special projects as requested.
- Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and ensure best practices are always considered.
- Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- CPAs with Big 4 audit experience would be considered uniquely qualified for this role, as would candidates with experience in the biopharmaceutical industry.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years Accounting and Finance experience.
- Previous experience with cost accounting, equity accounting, and revenue recognition
- Proof of at least one (1) FDA EUA approved Vaccination for Covid-19 required. (Subject to reasonable accommodation).
- Strong accounting experience with the ability to think through unfamiliar transactions and suggest appropriate solutions.
- Detail-oriented and able to work well under pressure and accustomed to project work with tight deadlines.
- Team-oriented, collaborative, diplomatic and flexible.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills, and the ability to communicate effectively, and clearly across regional and/or functional lines.
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Financial systems knowledge and expertise and familiarity with financial business applications. Must have a strong understanding of ERP systems.
- Technical experience related to GAAP and reporting including SEC reporting, stock option accounting, software revenue recognition, and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Demonstrated high energy, initiative, and creativity - with a proven ability to manage significant initiatives across organizations and across geographies, as well as motivate staff.
- An orientation toward process and detail mindedness. Strong analytical and quantitative skills.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Ability to communicate in written and oral forms.
- Must be able to interact and communicate in written and oral forms with a diverse group of individuals on both technical and business topics.
- The ability to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, walk, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, point, and reach with hands and arms.
- Must be able to travel up to 10% of the time without restriction, domestically and/or internationally.
- Must be able to use the telephone and communicate clearly with a host of external individuals, domestically and globally.
- Ability to work at a computer for extensive periods of time.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced working environment managing multiple tasks.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS:
We offer flexible working models, competitive benefits, and an environment where you will have the opportunity for personal and professional growth.
Eiger BioPharmaceuticals is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital and veteran status. Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and for qualified disabled veterans in job application procedures, as required by applicable law.
Eiger is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
The above description is intended to describe the general nature of the job and may include other duties as assumed or assigned; it is not intended to be all inclusive or limit the duties of the position.
Following extensive monitoring, research, consideration of business implications and advice from internal and external experts, Eiger has made the decision to require all U.S. employees and contractors to receive the COVID-19 vaccines as a condition of employment. If you are unable to receive a COVID-19 vaccine due to a disability, serious medical condition, or because it would violate your sincerely held religious belief, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
ABOUT EIGER BIOPHARMACEUTICALS, INC.
Eiger is a commercial-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the development of innovative therapies for hepatitis delta virus (HDV) and other serious rare diseases. The Eiger HDV platform includes two first-in-class therapies in Phase 3 that target critical host processes involved in viral replication. All five Eiger rare disease programs have been granted FDA breakthrough therapy designation.
Please submit your resume to: [email protected]
TO RECRUITERS AND STAFFING FIRMS
Eiger Biopharmaceuticals does not accept resumes or inquiries from recruiting or staffing agencies with which we do not have a written agreement. All of our employment activities, inquiries, offers, and resumes are managed through our Human Resources department and all candidates are presented through this channel only. We don’t accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from employment candidates.